We tried the chiropractor last night. So far no results, but it will probably take a few visits. She also did some cranial work that's supposed to help with his lopsided head. He loved the appointment though. He was pretty happy all of the attention was on him. They manipulate the bones on children in a much different way then they do adults, so there's no cracking like you would expect. He just thought she was playing games with him.
The visit definitely didn't help with anything last night. Anderson wanted a night-time bottle (which usually means bedtime) at about 7:30. I always make him hold off until at least 8:00. So after dealing with a half hour of fussiness, I finally gave in. He ate the bottle and seemed like he was falling asleep as normal, but when he was done, he decided it was play time. He just lied their with me, playing with his pacifier. I had things that needed to be done, so I put him in his crib to watch his fishies while I tried to get a few things done.
He played for about 15 minutes and then got fussy, so I went back up to try to get him to sleep. No luck - still wanted to play. Put him back to watch his fishies. This time, I went downstairs to wash his bottles. When he started to cry, I just let him go to town while I finished the dishes. When I got up there, he was in a full blown cry, tears streaming down his face and everything. At least after that, he fell asleep while being rocked. It was a tough night for mommy.
It wasn't about to end there either. Anderson awoke around 1:00. Usually if he's up at that time, I can get him back to sleep by just giving him the pacifier, or a few minutes of rocking at the most. This time, he wasn't going back down without a bottle. So at 1:15 I gave him 4 ounces.
At 4:00, he was back up again. This time, his eyes were wide open, ready for the day. I gave him a diaper change, then put him in bed with us and turned on the TV to cartoons. I was hoping to get a few more minutes of rest. Of course, Anderson thought it was a great time to tell mommy & daddy lots of stories - ugh!!!
Finally, at 5:15, he got another bottle. This put him back to sleep - right when it was time for me to get up. Great!
I need to figure something out though. It's so frustrating that he was sleeping through the night for so long, and now this. Wish us luck!
11 years ago
0 comments:
Post a Comment