Thursday, July 10, 2008

It wasn't supposed to be a poop day!

Last night was a little frustrating. As I've spoken about before, Anderson only poops every other day. So since he pooped on Monday, I figured I'd be safe until today. Well, last night a little surprise happened. Anderson was very fussy and barely let me eat my dinner. I couldn't calm him down easily, so I ended up putting him in his bouncy seat upstairs and rocking him in that. He didnt' go to sleep, but he at least calmed down, so I just stayed up there with him and watch TV.

I suddenly smelled something nasty. I checked his diaper and there was nothing, so I figured it was just one of his monsterous toots. then all of a sudden I look at him and his face is all red and he's totally straining. I know what this means and since it was bath night anyway, I went immediately to get his bath ready. I went to pick Anderson up afterwards, and the poop was all over his back, through his clothes, and even on the bouncy seat. Keep in mind, this was all in a span of about 3 minutes since the red face. It was a crazy mess. If it wasn't bath night, it would've been anyway.

He loved his bath as always. We sang splish splash, and did our usual routine. We got out for a quick, very hot walk afterwards and bubba fell asleep. He was pretty much crashed for the night except for a quick wake-up to take a bottle.

After several nights in a row of sleeping through the night, Anderson through me for a loop. He woke up at 2:00. I didn't want to give him a bottle and break our all night streak. when I rocked him, he went back to sleep, but he wasn't restful enough to go back in his crib. I slept in the recliner with him, neither one of us getting a great night of sleep.

He was obviously tired because when I got to the daycare today, he had already taken an hour and a half worth of naps, and he fell asleep for another 40 min while I was there. I just hope things are back to normal tonight. It's a lot harder to wake up when you're no longer used to it.
Here he is during the day - pre-poop

0 comments:


Blogspot Templates by Isnaini Dot Com. Powered by Blogger and Supported by Modern Home Designs