When you are the mother of an infant child, you find most of your conversations revolve around poop & boobs. I had a laugh about this today when my 39 year old pregnant co-worker and I were both talking to one of the oldest women in our department about our boobs and the various stages they go through, etc. Becky discussed how much bigger hers were and I talked how mine have not gotten bigger through pregnancy or breast feeding, they just get firm and plump. When she left, I leaned over the wall to Becky's desk to revel on how odd that conversation was.
On the poop front, I announced to the daycare lady today that it is poop day today. What a life I have!! Yes folks, Anderson has pretty consistently only pooped every other day for about a month now. He' s quite predictable. So far this week, he's destroyed both of his outfits, so I'm hoping he keeps this one salvageable. Thank goodness for my Baby Oxiclean which has faithfully gotten every stain out of his clothing.
Anderson went from not sleeping at all on Wednesday, to sleeping a lot Thursday. He napped his usual 3-3.5 hours at school, then went to sleep around 6:30/7:00 last night. He woke up at 8:30 for a bottle and was back to sleep before he even finished. I put him to bed and he made it to 4:00 when he got a bottle, then went back to sleep until 6:15. He was a tired boy. It might have been because he spent the day in jammies. When I brought him yesterday I asked the daycare lady if she'd dress him when he woke up. Well, she doesn't speak good English, and I guess she didn't understand me. He was still in his Pj's, spit up stains and all. They were pretty dorky jammies too which is what really bums me out.
He made it into clothes today. We'll see if he makes it home in them (remember - poop day).
This weekend we're heading to Dubuque for a wedding. Luke's parents will be watching him. I really hate that we have things going on 2 weekends in a row. If it were my choice, I'd spend every weeknight & weekend with Anderson. I feel my time is so precious with him, I never want to be away from him. Besides the fact that I can't stand the kid getting married...ugh!! I'm sure I will call it a night pretty early, even though I will almost definitely miss putting Anderson to bed (my favorite part of the day). I just think sleep is really precious and I know he will want to be up bright and early on Sunday morning so I will want to get my zzz's.
Here's a picture of Anderson this morning at daycare with his friend Ethan. Ethan is 3 months older. His dad took their picture on his cell phone and was nice enough to share. They're such cuties.
0 comments:
Post a Comment